Free Geography Book for Teachers
As a free online resource for teachers, The Adventures of Mo is a children’s book composed of 50 different chapters or stories with a primary focus on US geography. Each chapter can help educators at elementary schools reinforce or expand classroom lessons related to state geography, history, and cardinal or compass directions. This is a fun and creative way for kids to learn about how our country was formed and our cultural landscape.
Our educational online children’s book follows the journey of a dog named Mo and a bird named Finchy as they travel to every state in the country in search of Florida so that they can return a lost key to its rightful owner. In every state they visit, they experience a different adventure while learning more about that state from the animals or creatures they meet.
Help us fund this free program for kids.
As a free geography book for teachers, The Adventures of Mo is versatile. Here are a few examples of how Mo can be used in your classroom:
Mo can be used to introduce early readers to new concepts.
These concepts might include cardinal directions.
Questions to consider: In which direction did Mo and Finchy travel to get from Nevada to Wisconsin? Name at least two states that are south or east of Michigan.
Mo helps students to virtually travel across the country.
On a US map, follow Mo and Finchy from state to state as their journey to Florida unfolds.
Engaging questions might include:
- If Mo and Finchy are traveling east from New Mexico, what state will they enter next?
- In which direction do the main characters travel from Nevada to Wisconsin?
Mo can be used as a tool for creating and playing a trivia game.
Consider reading a chapter aloud and asking students to identify which state Mo & Finchy are visiting based on the clues in each chapter.
We live in the digital age, which is why this free geography book for teachers is offered online. This eBook offers many benefits for both teachers and students:
- Universal Access: While free eBooks can be easily accessed 24/7, they can’t get lost, don’t need to be carried in overstuffed backpacks to and from school, or can’t be eaten or destroyed by the family dog.
- Guided Reading: As a teacher, you may opt to use our online children’s book to supplement your geography, history or social studies lessons. Likewise, Mo may also motivate students to read more and develop critical reading skills and habits – either individually or in groups – that they can build upon and apply throughout their lives.
- Classroom Flexibility: Not all free books for teachers offer as much instructional flexibility as Mo. Students can apply their newfound knowledge of geography to track the main characters across the country, guess the state they’re visiting based on clues in each chapter, learn more about the geography or history of each state, or discuss valuable childhood lessons presented in many of the chapters.
- Fun Experience: Our online children’s book can be a valuable resource for the whole class. Mo will engage students and make them laugh out loud without realizing the behind-the-scenes learning that’s taking place. Mo can serve as an effective classroom tool that can help turn traditional classroom lessons into more interactive and fun learning experiences.
If you’re an elementary school teacher, a homeschool teacher for early readers, or any other type of educator who might be interested in a free geography book for teachers, we encourage you to check out Mo. Then contact us to learn more about what Mo can do for your educational environment!
Mo can serve as a valuable classroom tool that can help turn traditional classroom lessons into exciting and fun learning experiences.